Friday, June 17, 2016

Kasie




KASIE (COMFORT YE)



Oseburuwa. O kwuru si. "Kasie ndi nkem Obi"
 The Lord says "Comfort ye my people"

were nwaayoo gwa Jerusalem okwu
speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem

gwa ya n'ubochi igb'ohu ya agwula
and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished

na agbagharala ya mmehie ya niile
that her iniquity is pardoned

otu olu n'eti mkpu na asi "Doziere nu onyenwayi uzo n'ikpa
The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness; prepare ye the way of the Lord; 

mee nu k'odi larii n'ime Ozara maka  Chineke anyi!
make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

(Isaiah 40:1-3)



This song has been performed for many years and yet in every performance the heavenly feeling remains.
I am blessed to know a great man by name #Chijioke Ngobili, a Musician. He gives us the Igbo version of "Comfort ye" which means "Kasie" . I am privileged to have seen this beautiful piece of work: the harmony is so heavenly. I tried to sing just the first page of the song so you could feel what I feel. Until I have the right to publish the song I will definitely do so that you may be blessed with this heavenly song of a great man.

1 comment: